IAVA's 2021 Virtual Fly-In
IAVA’s premier leadership development program went virtual for 2021. Our Fly-In brings our Members to Washington DC, giving them the opportunity to sit with policy makers, to share their stories, and to discuss the issues that matter most to post-9/11 veterans.
2021 EVENT DETAILS
2021 was different than years past, we hosted our Fly-In virtually on Zoom and Facebook Live to reach the largest audience while also ensuring the safety of all involved.
2021 Member Advocates
IAVA members go through a rigorous application process and are competitively selected to come to Washington DC (virtually, this year) to tell their stories and advocate with IAVA on behalf of the post-9/11 generation of veterans.
Scroll through the carousel below to learn more about IAVA’s Member Advocates.
IAVA’s Member Advocates met with Senators, Representatives, and other Policy Makers to discuss the most pressing issues faced by post-9/11 veterans.
IAVA's Big 6
IAVA’s members have identified 6 priority issues that matter most to them.
IAVA Staff and Member Advocates met with Senators, Representatives, and IAVA staff gave testimony at a hearing on Mental Health. Here’s a quick overview of what we did during the week:
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Senator Todd Young (R-ID)
- Senator Ed Markey (D-MA)
- Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
Wednesday, March 23, 2021
- Senator Mike Braun (R-IN)
- Representative Ken Kalvert (R-CA)
- Representative Dan Kildee (D-MI)
- HVAC Chairman Mark Takano (D-CA)
- Senator Rob Portman (R-OH)
- Representative Jim McGovern (D-MA)
- SVAC Hearing on The Hannon Act and Mental Health during Pandemic
Thursday, March 24, 2021
- Representative Jackie Walorski (R-IN)
- Senator Jack Reed (D-RI), HASC Chairman
- 5:00PM EDT Facebook Live with Ranking Member Mike Bost (R-IL)