IAVA | May 5, 2016
Read: Defend the GI Bill Daily SitRep – May 12th
Today we started the next phase of our campaign to Defend the GI Bill with the release of our statement opposing the $3.4B cut in the recent Senate omnibus bill.
- Sent out our official statement to the media: bit.ly/1WaKobx
- Tweeted out the statement: bit.ly/1q29QCk
- Asked IAVA members to contact Congress through an email or tweet in a Call to Action
- Shared statement with VSO partners and broader VSO community
- Posted to myIAVA for all IAVA members to read
- Shared the position with our allies on Capitol Hill
- Sent statement to every Congressional office
- Shared with Executive Branch leadership
- Met with office of Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY-1) about NGIB concerns
The fight continues tomorrow, check back for more updates on our drive to Defend the GI Bill.