IAVA | May 23, 2016
Read: Daily Defend the GI Bill Update for May 20
IAVA ‘s advocacy team ended the week strong last Friday by continuing to lobby Capitol Hill offices on our Defend the GI Bill campaign. Some highlights from last week include:
- Met with Rep. Tony Cardenas’ (D-CA-29) legislative staff to discuss our Defend the GI Bill campaign.
- Set-up meeting with Sen. John Cornyn’s (R-TX) office in North Dallas.
- Delivered #DefendTheGIBill sign to popular DC restaurant, Bobby Vans, to bring more attention to the campaign in Washington.
- 15 grassroots IAVA member messages sent out to Capitol Hill offices on Friday.
- NGIB campaign grassroots IAVA member message total stands at 30,283.
Overall, we had a great week. This week is already slated to be another huge week here in DC, check back for new developments on our Defend The GI Bill campaign!