IAVA’s Rapid Response Referral Program (RRRP) works with veterans and families across the nation providing critical support, guidance and linkages to on the ground resources. RRRP is staffed by masters-level Veteran Transition Managers (VTMs) that work on the front lines every single day, ensuring our nation’s heroes and their families have the support that they need and have earned.
It’s been an incredibly busy week and the RRRP team continues to provide top notch services to clients. Caseloads are high and client needs are complex and urgent. Even so, RRRP team members are engaging in professional development opportunities, delivering powerful testimony and writing impactful blogs:
- We continue to see an uptick with serious GI Bill payment related issues with our clients, many of whom are now in financial crisis. Please see updated blog on this here.
- Client quote of the week: “Out of all the programs we have reached out to, you have been the only one who has consistently tried to help us and stays in contact with us and for that we are truly grateful.” Learn more by checking out RRRP’s latest Weekly Impact Report.
- On Monday, November 26, Senior Veteran Transition Manager, VA Benefits Lead, Vadim Panasyuk delivered important testimony before the NYC Council Committee on Veterans to promote equality for all troops and veterans. View full testimony here.
- Senior Veteran Transition Manager, Children & Families Lead, Ashley Wegmann wrote a powerful blog about bridging the civilian military divide, addressing this issue head on, in a very real, positive and creative way. Check it out here.
- RRRP VTMs continue to enhance skills and engage in professional development opportunities. This week a VTM attended a training put on by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) about “What Trauma Looks Like in an Educational or After School Setting”. Trainings enhance VTM skills and enable our team to provide the best possible services to veterans and their families who reach out for help.