IAVA’s Rapid Response Referral Program (RRRP) works with veterans and families across the nation providing critical support, guidance and linkages to on the ground resources. RRRP is staffed by masters-level Veteran Transition Managers (VTMs) that work on the front lines every single day, ensuring our nation’s heroes and their families have the support that they need and have earned.
This past week, RRRP continued to make powerful impacts, enhance skills and expertise of VTMs and further IAVA’s mission:
- Congratulations to Patrice Sullivan, Senior Veteran Transition Manager, Policy and Partners Lead for her 3 year IAVA anniversary! And for leading Team Thomas for the 3rd year in a row with the 43rd Annual Marine Corps Marathon Events in support of the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) on October 28. We are all lucky to get to work with such a talented, creative, hardworking and inspiring person!
- Vadim Panasyuk, Senior Veteran Transition Manager, VA Benefits Lead delivered powerful testimony on October 30 before the New York City Council Committee on Veterans regarding the need for effective oversight of the Department of Veterans Services (DVS). Awesome job, Vadim! Check out a blog on the testimony here.
- Vadim is working hard taking the lead planning for the Veterans Day parade in New York City on Sunday, November 11. Every year IAVA staff, membership and other community members and partners come together to celebrate, connect, unite and empower veterans, families and supporters. Please direct any members or prospective attendees for Veterans Day festivities to this link. We hope you can join us!
- Julienne Williams, Senior Veteran Transition Manager, Military Services and Faith-Based Lead attended a training in New York City on October 30 called ‘Advocacy Tips to Improve Employment Outcomes for Individuals with Criminal Justice Histories’ and gained valuable information to best serve RRRP clients.
- Client quote of the week: “My case manager was professional, knowledgeable, relatable and very personable.” Check out RRRP’s latest Weekly Impact Report to learn more.