This week the DC team has been making the rounds in Washington, DC to set things up for a big policy push that will be making soon. Some highlights from this week.
- IAVA Chief of Staff, Allison Jaslow, published a blog on the recent Marine Corps photo scandal.
- IAVA-backed VA Accountability bill approved by the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee (HVAC).
- IAVA Legislative Director, Tom Porter, was interviewed by Vice media on how the current state of DC politics is affecting veterans issues.
- Attended an HVAC hearing on the consolidation of VA community care.
- IAVA Legislative Associate, Edgar Rodriguez, represented IAVA at a veterans education roundtable hosted by HVAC and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).
- Met with HVAC Reps. John Rutherford (R-FL), Mike Bost (R-IL), Amata Coleman Radewagen (R-American Samoa) on IAVA priorities.
- IAVA Political and Intergovernmental Affairs Director, Melissa Bryant, attended Veteran Service Organization (VSO) Executive Director Breakfast with Dr. Poonam Alaigh, Acting Under Secretary of Health.
- IAVA co-sponsored and attended the annual Congressional Guard and Reserve Caucus and The Military Coalition (TMC) Guard & Reserve breakfast on Capitol Hill.
- IAVA Policy Intern, Antoine Campbell, published a blog on how he “survived” his month interning at IAVA.
The fight continues next week, check back for more updates on our drive to get things done for Post-9/11 veterans.