Back in January 2013, I was fortunate enough to be one of ten IAVA veterans selected to participate in the inaugural, veterans-focused version of the Fullbridge Program – a business and entrepreneurship course designed to empower veterans through education.
The program specifically focuses in finance, business analysis, and professional development. Although it was challenging and definitely pushed the limits of what I thought I could learn, I finished the course with a new confidence in entering the business world as well as a wealth of new knowledge to support my ambitions. By the end of the program, I felt fully equipped to manage a career move into finance or business.
Knowing that I was working toward a common goal with fellow veterans made for a rich learning environment and reminded me of what it was like to work alongside fellow soldiers. Everywhere I looked, I couldn’t help but be impressed by the caliber and quality of people I met at Fullbridge.
From the coaching staff to my cohort of fellow veterans, it was clear that the Fullbridge Program attracted great people. If you’ve had concerns or bad experiences with predatory for-profit schools, you can take a look at some of the great things my cohort had to say about the Fullbridge Program in our previous blogs following our experience.
If you’re interested in starting your own business, transitioning your career toward finance, or just looking to expand your educational background, apply today to the Fullbridge Concordia Graduate Certificate.
Act quickly! The application deadline is August 15th.
- Dates: Monday, September 15th – Friday, October 17th
- Time: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, IL
- Tuition: $8,882 (Eligible veterans and family members may use GI Bill funding for tuition and housing).
- Credits: 15 Semester hours
- Travel: Flight vouchers available on case-by-case basis through IAVA
Have more questions? Check out the FAQs below.
Q: What are the minimum requirements for this course?
A: Bachelors Degree in any field of study and the ability to attend four weeks of the course in Chicago.
Q: Is your program considered full-time or part-time education?
A: Full time.
Q: Do I have to be a veteran to take this course?
A: This course is open to anyone, but veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Q: Can my GI Bill benefits cover tuition?
A: Yes! Eligible veterans will also qualify for housing, school supplies, and subsistence allowances. For additional information about accessing GI Bill benefits, please visit Concordia’s page for Active Duty Military and Veterans.
Q: If I live in another state, can I still apply?
A: Yes! IAVA members who have been accepted into the Fullbridge Program can also request free airfare to and from Chicago to attend the course, provided they can travel from an airport that Southwest Airlines services.
Q: Is your program nationally or regionally accredited?
A: Concordia University Chicago is accredited by the following organizations:
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCACS)
- National Council for Accreditation of Counseling of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Council for the Accredidation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) (Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
Q: How do I become an IAVA member?
Q: What if I have a question that hasn’t been addressed in this FAQ?
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.