IAVA ‘s advocacy team ended the week strong last Friday by continuing to lobby Capitol Hill offices on our Defend the GI Bill campaign. Some highlights from last week include:
- Met with Rep. Tony Cardenas’ (D-CA-29) legislative staff to discuss our Defend the GI Bill campaign.
- Set-up meeting with Sen. John Cornyn’s (R-TX) office in North Dallas.
- Delivered #DefendTheGIBill sign to popular DC restaurant, Bobby Vans, to bring more attention to the campaign in Washington.
- 15 grassroots IAVA member messages sent out to Capitol Hill offices on Friday.
- NGIB campaign grassroots IAVA member message total stands at 30,283.
Overall, we had a great week. This week is already slated to be another huge week here in DC, check back for new developments on our Defend The GI Bill campaign!