IAVA | April 19, 2019
Read: Weekly RRRP Round-up April 19
IAVA’s Rapid Response Referral Program (RRRP) works with veterans and families across the nation providing critical support, guidance and connections to on the ground resources. RRRP is staffed by masters-level Veteran Transition Managers (VTMs) that work on the front lines every single day, ensuring our nation’s heroes and their families have the support they need and have earned. To date, RRRP has connected over 9,300 veterans and family members to more than 11,400 resources.
It’s been an incredibly busy week, as veteran needs remain high. RRRP continues to provide top notch services to clients, engage in advocacy work for our community and ensure that the impact of our work is heard:
- Important 2019 YTD RRRP Impact Metrics: Connected 25 veterans to the Veterans Crisis Line. Connected 63 veterans who were homeless or at-risk of homelessness with housing resources and financial assistance. Supported 48 female veterans and 25 family members.
- Check out IAVA’s Chief Services Officer‘s RRRP Q1 Quarterly Update that happened via Facebook Live this week. She’s got some great news to share!
- IAVA’s Veteran Transition Manager, Mental Health & Outreach Lead Dennis wrote a powerful and informative blog outlining the need for VA medical cannabis research. Check it out here
- RRRP was quoted in an important article on veteran suicide from the Star Tribune, and highlighted the stunning more than 50% increase in Veterans Crisis Line referrals from 2018 to 2019
- Client Quote of the Week: “My VTM has gone over and beyond to try and assist in any type of assistance for me and my children, which I had already done on my own for months and came up with the same results, but I couldn’t figure out how to submit and what documents I needed, and my VTM helped every step of the way.” Learn more by checking out RRRP’s latest Weekly Impact Report.