IAVA | January 25, 2017
Read: IAVA Talks with National Media on Dr. Shulkin as VA Sec. Choice
Next week, VA Secretary nominee Dr. David J. Shulkin will sit before Congress in his formal confirmation hearings. Dr. Shulkin will answer questions on a variety of topics important to our community during the hearings and we have already begun to make sure the new administration knows where IAVA and our members and supporters stand.
Below are some highlights of the media coverage we had the opportunity to contribute to surrounding the announcement and choice of Dr. Shulkin for this role.
- Los Angeles Times: Trump picks Obama appointee to lead Veterans Affairs. Has he cooled on his plan to overhaul it?
- CNN: David Shulkin picked to head Department of Veterans Affairs, Trump says
- New York Times: David Shulkin Is Trump’s Pick for Veterans Affairs Secretary
- Politico: Trump taps VA health chief Shulkin to be secretary
- Associated Press: Trump picks Veterans Affairs insider to lead troubled agency
- The Huffington Post: Donald Trump Taps David Shulkin To Head The VA
- Task and Purpose: Trump’s VA Pick Is The First Non-Veteran For The Role
- NPR: Trump Nominates VA Undersecretary For Health To Head Department
- Military Times: Trump picks top vets health official as the next VA secretary
Stay tuned, IAVA will be following the confirmation hearings as they happen!