IAVA is the first and largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to supporting Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families. Participation as an IAVA Leader and/or Host is subject to the observance of IAVA’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited.
Leader/Host Code of Conduct
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer, or another participant.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs while serving as a representative of IAVA, or reporting to an IAVA function while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons, or other similar items while serving as a representative of IAVA.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, staff member, or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical, or visual harassment of another participant, staff member, or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health, or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any agenda, policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage or any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with IAVA staff regarding these rules or others that may arise.
- Participation in any lobbying or political activity while representing yourself as an IAVA Leader/Host is strictly prohibited.
- Inappropriate social media engagement, such as displaying offensive images, engaging in partisan political conversations, or using harassing or offensive terminology on IAVA connected properties or while identifying yourself as a representative of IAVA is strictly prohibited.
- Speaking to the media on behalf of IAVA or while representing yourself as an IAVA Leader/Host is strictly prohibited without expressed consent from IAVA.
- IAVA Leaders/Hosts are not permitted to approach national partners for sponsorship opportunities without prior consent of IAVA. Additionally, IAVA Leaders/Hosts may not approach IAVA partners for sponsorship asks for personal or professional gain outside of their scope as a leader and/or host with IAVA.
Any IAVA Leader/Host who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program.