Membership: Confirm Your Service
In order to ensure our resources and rewards support confirmed veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, we require proof of your deployment in support of:
Follow the steps below to complete the registration process.
- A copy of your DD214 that shows your discharge status and:
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Combat Action Badge or
- Clearly stated service dates in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
- Officer Records Briefs or Enlisted Records Briefs
- Redeployment or REFRAD orders
- Medal, Award, or certificate of recognition from your service in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
- Paperwork from the Veterans Administration or Department of Defense indicating that you served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
Enlisted Record Briefs
Combat Infantry Badge
USMC Award Report
Separated or Retired veterans
- Point your browser to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html.
- Follow the instructions to submit and eVetsRec.
- Submit the document they send to you (this is a lengthy process and could take up to a couple months).
Army (Active, Guard, Reserve, IRR)
- Point your browser to https://www.hrc.army.mil/portal/default.aspx.
- Log into "My Records Portal" using your AKO username and password (You'll see the log in box on the left hand side).
- Select the appropriate component (Guard/Reserve/Active).
- Select "Documents" under the navigation tab in the top left.
- Locate the appropriate record (see above examples).
Marines (Active, Reserves, IRR)
- Point your browser to https://sso.mol.usmc.mil/SSO/DoDConsent.do.
- Log into "Marine Online" using your existing username and password (if you don't have a username you can apply for one at: https://sso.mol.usmc.mil/SSO/Register.do).
- Click on the "Personal Information" tab on the top.
- Under "Personal Reports" and select "Awards".
Served in the Air Force, Navy or Coast Guard? Stay tuned for updates on how to obtain your paperwork online.
IAVA will never share any of your information with anyone without your explicit permission. As veterans ourselves, we assure you that your military records will be processed with the utmost sensitivity. Questions about the application process? Please send inquiries to community[at]iava.org. If you are unable to send an electronic version of one of the required documents you may also fax or mail it to us.
Note: Due to the high volume of submissions, it takes 1 to 2 business days to verify your application after we receive your paperwork. Once confirmed, you'll get access to tons of resources and great gives from the latest on the New GI Bill to NASCAR passes, concert tickets and more.
IAVA has helped thousands of veterans. Here are some of their stories:
On Sunday, March 18th, IAVA Founder and Executive Director Paul Rieckhoff and…
On August 5th, IAVA Member Veterans joined President Obama at the Navy Yard…