Readjusting to life at home isn’t a given. Sometimes the transition home isn't smooth. Your friend or family member may have a hard time readjusting to civilian life. They may be struggling with a combat injury, becoming more and more withdrawn, abusing drugs, or engaging in acts of escalating violence. If you've given them space and time but your family or friendship is suffering, now's the time to get help.
Get help for your loved one.
- Click here to request an IAVA Veteran Transition Manager
- Find your nearest VA hospital by calling 877-222-VETS
- Check out the Vet Center Readjustment Services
- Encourage your loved one to join IAVA and talk with other veterans on Community of Veterans
Get help for yourself.
- Reach out to an IAVA case manager (click here)
- Contact your health care professional
- Visit GiveAnHour.org for free mental health services
IAVA has helped thousands of veterans. Here are some of their stories:
On August 5th, IAVA Member Veterans joined President Obama at the Navy Yard…
With the opportunity to learn from the industry's finest, IAVA Member Veterans…