IAVA’s culture is an important part of our DNA. As a results-oriented organization, we have an edgy, intelligent and innovative personality that makes us unique, and our passion for our mission drives us every day. We embrace a diversity of styles, ideas and people – veteran and civilian alike form our staff, from all walks of life.
IAVA’s team members uphold a high level of professionalism and excellence in our Communication, Analytical Thinking, Drive, Execution and Teamwork. That’s why we sell them our CADET Standards of Impact, and together they drive us to power our mission to improve the lives of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families. Similarly, we expect all prospective candidates to demonstrate the same qualities in their professional and personal experience.
IAVA is headquartered in New York City and has an office in Washington, DC. IAVA offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package, including medical, dental, access to vision and a 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
If you are interested in working with IAVA, please review our current career and internship opportunities listed in the links below.
Current Job Openings
- Click here to see IAVA’s internship opportunities.
IAVA is always seeking dedicated civilian and veteran volunteers to support our mission and grow our reach. Opportunities range throughout the year, from involvement in our membership events or campaigns across the country, to providing administrative support or technical expertise in our NYC or DC offices.
New York, NY
An exciting opportunity exists to join Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) as a case manager for the Rapid Response Referral Program (RRRP). RRRP is IAVA’s best-in-class remote case management program that serves veterans and their families across the nation. Since its launch in 2012, RRRP has worked with more than 9,400 veterans and family members, helping them get back on track and meet their goals. RRRP case managers provide guidance, support, and critical linkages to quality on the ground resources to ensure that our nation’s veterans and families have the support that they need.
The Case Manager will be based in IAVA’s New York City headquarters and will report to Director, Rapid Response Referral Program.
- Engage in comprehensive remote case-management with veterans and their families via phone and email
- Work with clients to identify strengths, support systems and needs
- Provide crisis intervention to individuals and families facing emergencies with food, shelter, medical needs, mental health and other urgent issues
- Provide guidance and support for clients with presenting issues that are adversely affecting their lives
- Conduct benefits screenings to determine eligibility
- Locate and engage with agencies on local, state and federal levels, with other non-profits and the Department of Veterans Affairs to identify quality resources
- Provide referral services to veterans and family members to connect them with best-in-class programs, resources and support
- Maintain exclusively electronic files within our Salesforce CRM and ensure that client records are complete, accurate and updated regularly
- Conduct rigorous follow-up to ensure client needs are being met and referrals made are providing quality level of services and support
- Engage in ongoing professional development and necessary training to improve military cultural competencies and general understanding of services and benefits available to veterans
- Organize and prioritize daily responsibilities to ensure that client needs are met
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- A master’s degree in a social services related field (i.e. MSW, Counseling, Psychology)
- 2-years experience in social services (internship experience OK)
- A commitment to IAVA’s mission and core values
- Knowledge of the veterans space
- Strong desire and commitment to working with veterans and their families
- Positive attitude and sense of empathy towards veterans
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with program partners
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Able to set priorities and work independently
- Decisive, analytical and able to follow through on tasks
- Results oriented
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Rolling
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. IAVA provides comprehensive health and dental coverage, access to vision benefits, a Flexible Spending Account, Transportation Savings Account and a 403(b) retirement plan, in addition to thirty Paid Time Off days per year.
To Apply: Click Here to complete our online application. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to IAVA. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.