Status of NY Area VA Healthcare Facilities
Posted by Jacob Worrell on November 7
In order to expedite information, we have rolled up a listing of VA hospitals, clinics, and vet centers and their current status - along with contact information. We will be constantly expanding this information as we gather it. IAVA is also making daily visits to the Manhattan VA Campus to check on progress and to verify services available.
11/08/12 UPDATE: No update to the services provided at the Manhattan Campus. There is still hospital staff available to direct veterans. We talked to one veteran who had arrived for an appointment but was never informed that his appointment was canceled, despite working a working phone. While they were able to refill his subscription, they were not able to get him a new appointment. IAVA will continue to monitor the situation.
11/07/12 UPDATE: While the Manhattan Campus remains closed they have information readily available on the campus to ensure veterans continue to get care. They have set up a table for veterans who need to see a doctor and to have prescriptions refilled. While there are no services being provided at the Manhattan VA, there are buses that take veterans off to the Brooklyn VA for care. There is also a social workers and a part time psychiatrist for homeless veterans.
|VA HEALTHCARE FACILITY||CONTACT NUMBER||STATUS (OPEN/CLOSED/TBD/WHEN WILL BE REOPENED)|
|James J Peters VAMC (Bronx)||718-584-9000||Fully Operational|
|White Plains Community Clinic||914-421-1951||Fully Operational|
|Yonkers Community Clinic||914-375-8055||Fully Operational|
|Queens Community Clinic||718-741-4800 X 4800||Fully Operational|
|NorthPort (Long Island) VAMC||Fully Operational|
|Patchogue Community Clinic||631-754-7978||Fully Operational|
|Riverhead Community Clinic||631-754-7978||Fully Operational|
|East Meadow Community Clinic||631-754-7978||Fully Operational|
|Valley Stream Community Clinic||631-754-7978||Fully Operational|
|Bay Shore Community Clinic||631-754-7978||Fully Operational|
|NY Harbor VAMC (Manhattan)||212-686-7500||Closed Until Further Notice|
|NY Harbor VAMC (Brooklyn)||718-836-6600||Fully Operational|
|St. Albans Community Living Center VAMC||718-526-1000||Fully Operational|
|Brooklyn Community Clinic||718-439-4300||Fully Operational|
|Staten Island Community Clinic||718-761-2973||Fully Operational|
|Harlem Community Clinic||646-273-8125||Fully Operational|
|Manhattan Opiate Program||646-273-8100||Closed Until Further Notice|
|Brooklyn Opiate Program||718-836-6600 X 3599||Fully Operational|
|Chapel Street Outpatient Center||718-439-4300||Fully Operational|
|Bronx Vet Center||718-367-3500||Fully Operational|
|Brooklyn Vet Center||718-630-2830||Fully Operational|
|Harlem Vet Center||646-273-8139||Fully Operational|
|Manhattan Vet Center||212-742-9591||Fully Operational|
|Staten Island Vet Center||718-816-4499||Fully Operational|
Numbers to know:
- Veteran Information Help Line is 1-855-269-8338. It will be staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (including this Monday, Veteran’s Day). A team of live attendants are available to answer calls and refer callers to appropriate services to meet their needs. For medical emergencies, dial 911.
- VA Nurse Help Line, 1-866-940-2877 (7 days per-week, 24 hours day): To speak to a registered nurse if you experience any symptoms or have any health related questions.
- Centralized Scheduling, 1-877-877-9267 (Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m. to 8 p.m.): To call if you have questions about an appointment at the Manhattan VA or to schedule an appointment.
- Mental Health Help Desk, 1-718-630-3759 (Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-4 p.m.): For questions or concerns about your emotional well being or psychiatric illness.
- Pharmacy Phone Number, 1-888-207-2004 for ordering refills, medication tracking and status checks through the automated attendant 24/7. Live attendants are available Monday through Friday 8:00am-7:30pm. (Except holidays and week-ends) Live attendants will be available Monday 11/12/12, Veterans Day from 8am-4:15pm. If you experience phone transfer delays and do not hear any announcements or music on hold, please stay on the line, our agents will answer the calls. Please note: Veterans, please have your social security number available to access the system.
IAVA has helped thousands of veterans. Here are some of their stories:
On August 5th, IAVA Member Veterans joined President Obama at the Navy Yard…
With the opportunity to learn from the industry's finest, IAVA Member Veterans…